Sunday, April 10, 2005

Chocolate Fondu

Today, I had one of the best desserts ever which, as you have probably guessed from the title, is a chocolate fondu. I haven't had one for ages so it was a welcome suprise. No matter how full I was from the pretty massive meal I'd eaten just before, I still managed to neck a fair whack of sliced mango, strawberries, grapes marshmallows and bits of sponge cake all soaked in beautiful rich, gooey, hot chocolate. Not to mention the wicked spikes you get to impale the innocent fruit on before dunking. I decided it was a pretty good dessert all round.; You get to take out a bit of anger or underlying resentment by spearing an innocent fleshy fruit, then dunk it in warm sticky chocolate and enjoy the contrasting textures but harmonious flavours. Fab. Then after stuffing my face, being the messy, rather childlike, art student I am, I made a pretty damn fine piece of art out of some chocolate drops on a plate. Using my spikey fondu thing as a tool (don't know if they have a name).. I made a tree.

Tension release, pleasure and art. All in one dessert.

5 comments:

Ramzi said...

Sounds Delicious!

I think the proper name for the pointy thingy is (...drumroll...) fork.

Slink said...

hehe hrmmm you may be right... I thought they may have had a more exotic name. Obviously not... also fondu I believe is actually spelled fondue. oops.

Megan Lee said...

hey, thanks for stopping by and commenting on my blog - that fondu sounds completely yummy!

I have so say though, I've never heard the expression "neck a fair whack" before...interesting :)


(and the spikey things might be called "skewers"...maybe?)

elChrizzo said...

hm, I only fondueed (?!) once and that was everything but a succes. It was with cheese though. I wonder what it would be like fondueing (?!) with fruit and chocolat. A friend of mine once told me she chocolate-fondued and only stopped because she needed to throw-up. Did you experience this addictive effect as well?

Slink said...

I am proud to say... no. As a confessed chocaholic I think it would take ALOT before my body would let go of that precious yummy substance in my tummy. :)