Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Grr...

My Dad picked up his new car today.  It's a rather swanky Jaguar XF Sportbreak.  It's the size of a plane, but a plane filled with cream leather and wood grain inside.  It is ... the bees knees.  I've been reliably informed that I will be put on the insurance for this absolute (pricey) beast of a car.  The very thought of being in control of a car the size of a small cruise ship frankly terrifies me.  Especially when you consider the fact that my current choice of vehicle, little Franko, is probably the smallest cars you can find on the market!

 
 


It is a very well equipped with about the same amount of dashboard functions and gadgets as a Spaceship.  A very beautiful spaceship.  It's automatic, 8 gear, 2.2 litre engine. I've never driven an auto before and can't quite imagine what it will feel like having a left arm and left foot.  It must be a very strange feeling.  I'm not entirely sure I'll ever pluck up the courage to find out!

Both my Dad and the Jaguar dealership men were unimpressed with my name choice for the car - Barbara.  All I can say in my defence is that these names come to me.  The vehicle chooses it's own name, I am but the receiver of their will.  This car looks like a Barbara. 

Welcome, Barbara.  :-)

1 comment:

ktpland said...

I hope Barbara will be out partying on Saturday! :-P ;-) x