Sunday, March 03, 2013

(Not so) Baby Sister

So, this weekend was spent moving my sister up to her first rented house up in Newcastle.  No matter how old she gets this she's my lickle baby sister and it's both happy and sad that she's finally flown the nest. 


She has a lovely little house up there in Newcastle and I really wish her the best of happiness. My little sister is all grown up!!

Whilst Saturday was mainly spent travelling there, a trip to IKEA and unpacking many boxes, we spent a little time this morning having a walk round Newcastle city centre.  I picked out a pretty cool pub for her to try out before I next come to visit- I think it was called Brew Dog, and it had a giant Octopus hanging from one of the walls. 

On the way home, we also stopped by The Angel of the North.  I'm a big Gormley fan, and although it's an iconic image already seen by most of the UK popiulation, it's always worth seeing something like that with your own eyes. 


A nice weekend, which went far too quickly! Roll on this Friday for my four day weekend! Woop!

No comments: