Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Hello Thirties!

Well, here I am blogging from the ripe old age of 30 and two days! Whilst I'm struggling to come to terms with the fact I've already used up half my time off work, my two days of being thirty haven't been too shabby!

I received this wonderful little beast for my birthday. He's an HP Envy X2 which is a convertible tablet/laptop.  He comes with Windows 8 and so far I'm loving it! The little compartments are perfect for my organised brain; everything is easy to hand and in the right place.  It doesn't come with a great deal of storage as it's only a mini PC by all accounts, however considering I only really use my laptop for internet access anyway, I'm pretty happy this is going to replace it nicely.

 
In addition to this, I have been given money to spend on the obligatory accessories for the above! I bought Windows Office for it and finally managed to download it successfully after Microsoft managed to block three separate bank cards and screw up three transactions.  Idiots. Still, he's all up and running and I'm using him now to blog this very post! Looking forward to getting his case through the post so that he can be fully mobile!
 
I have also been treated to a years Gym membership at Virgin Health club, which I am both chuffed and slightly nervous about! It's perfect for me in order to complete my Resolution to be more active.  Come the first of April, there'll be no more excuses not to get there and get fit.  It couldn't have come at a better time.  I also received two tickets to see Derren Brown in May! Woot!
 
I was treated to a beautiful meal at Malmaison in Birmingham which started with Mal Lollipops (Tempura Prawn, Marinated Chicken, Tai Fishcake, Tai Pork and Crab Spring Roll- all on handy sticks!) with dipping sauces; followed by Coq au Vin with potato and turnip gratin and purple broccoli; finishing with Mal-athon bar slices with Milk Ice Cream completed with a truly delectable Black Forest Cocktail.  It was simply devine... with some truly lovely company to boot; I couldn't have had a better thirtieth birthday evening. :-)
 
I have a busy week lined up- with more birthday celebrations tomorrow when I meet some work colleagues in town for cocktails, champagne and another slap up meal on Wednesday; and then drinks on Thursday with a friend;  a haircut, visit to Jamies Italian and the Electric on Friday and the finale is on Saturday night for drinks with chums in Brum and then onto Eddies which will conclude my week long birthday celebrations.
 
BOOM. :-)

No comments: