Monday, September 30, 2013

Beat the Blues!

The arse-end of last week was a hellish mess of work-stress, flat application stress and upset thanks to a few irritating, confusing individuals and one who couldn't get lower in my estimation if they tried. However, the weekend came and took all the stress away.

Friday night kicked it off with a meal at a nearby lounge where H and I had tapas and a good ol chinwag about the week.  Saturday I spent doing some relaxing sculpting, then a movie in the evening.  Sunday N and I picked up two of his colleagues for our trip to Silverstone for the BTCC.  It was a beautiful day despite the chilly breeze which you noticed from the stands.  I have to say, it was some of the best racing I've seen this year; all three of the Touring Car races proving to be tense, action packed and brilliant to watch.  You can tell it's nearing the end of the season, with just one race to go, as all the drivers are putting 200% into their races.  I'm not sure yet if we're able to get down to Brands Hatch for the final, it's unlikely at this late stage, but if that's the last racing I'll see this year, it was one hell of a day to watch. :-)  We stopped off at Mum's on the way home after dropping off N's friends, for a slap up roast dinner and a cup of tea.  Perfect British end to a very British day.

The weekend couldn't have got any better- especially since today is my day off!!!! Yeppo, because I've been single-handedly holding down the fort for the last four weeks while my colleague has been off sick then off on holiday, I made sure I booked her first day back off. Ha! Yes, today I will be sculpting, listening to awesome music and I also have to fit in the gym and 250 squats as it's the last day of my 30 Day Squat Challenge today!!!! :-O

I better get cracking.

No comments: