Monday, September 09, 2013

Hesitation Marks.

Soooo... I've been listening to Hesitation Marks in my car on my daily commute for the last two weeks and I am far from bored of it.

Highlights are the amazing Copy of A, Come Back Haunted has grown on me within the context of the album, Find My Way (which is incredibly relaxing), the awesome Satellite (punchy), Various Methods of Escape, I Would For You (meaty) and While I'm Still Here.  All of them, stunning in their own right. 

I haven't tired of any of it yet and suspect the remaining songs not listed above to be "growers".

The overall feel of the album reminds me of their recent gig and therefore, for me, the album comes ready-loaded with feelings of awe, memories and imagery from my mind leaving me feeling really upbeat.  I've yet to experience it through my amazing Shure earphones as I've not yet transferred it across to my Cowon yet, but once I do it'll be another one for a shutting-out-everything, lying-in-the-dark kind-of jobs.

:-)

1 comment:

Markuuus said...

I did the same last week slink with the Gojira's 'L'efant sauvage' - i think it would appeal to you actually. Glad you enjoyed the NIN album as much as the gig :)