Wednesday, September 04, 2013

Squats & Tarot: A normal Slinky afternoon.

Not content with being told my ass is, and I quote,

" ... not just a bum.  It's a f***ing creation of God that was meant for an angel..."
Misguided Over Enthusiastic Friend, 03/09/13

... I am undertaking a 30 day Squat Challenge throughout September.  I've got a little chart of Squats and Planks to complete each day with the quota for each increasing from 30 squats with a 20s plank on day 1, to 250 squats and 330s plank on day 30.  Pretty worried about day 30... but so far so good!

In other news, I had a Tarot reading in my break at work today.  I tend to lean to the side of "this is bullshit" with stuff like psychics etc, and I remain very sceptical, yet open minded to these sorts of things.  I've only had tarot cards read twice.  HOWEVER, on both occasions they have been VERY apt and relevant.  When I say this, I don't mean in a vague horoscope kind of a way, I mean in a quite specific way. I have to admit, it freaked me out a little.  The first time, I had been writing a business plan for my self employment and I got the same card three times despite shuffling and me trying to "lose" it lol... the card being that of business preparation and planning!

This time, my three cards were rather beautiful...


... and I was interested to find that each one was very specific to a few things going on for me at the moment. I won't go into them all here, but the one I will draw on was the last one which was about being successful in self employment (I currently have four commissions lined up! Most I've ever had) and a financial windfall. WOOOOOT.

I was especially impressed by my "Present" card which was a warrior lady with bear claws for hands, holding a sword.  She looks like she kicks ass.  Plus she's surrounded by all these weird beasts and creatures which could be both threatening or allies.  I love it. Very apt on many levels.





No comments: