Monday, September 02, 2013

I don't like Mondays.

DAY. FROM. HELL.

Firstly I have a burnt face- this will be explained later.

There is NO let up at work at the moment.  It's so busy and I'm holding down the fort by myself. The stress is tempered slightly by the good laughs and chats of the office, I work with some great characters, but also it can be a hindrance when I need to concentrate.

I've had one of those nightmare days where I couldn't finish anything, the phones wouldn't stop, every enquiry was a total ball-ache, nothing was straight forward and time flew so fast I left feeling like I hadn't got anything done!

My loon of a chum cheered me up by making me laugh all the way home by following me in his car and beeping me most of the way, then threatening to lock me up for speeding. Oops.

I could MURDER a Jack and Coke right now. I was meant to be going to the Gym tonight but certain aspects of mother nature have prevented me from doing so (another highlight of my day!).  I will however be completing day two of my 30 day squat challenge.  I started yesterday with 50 squats and a 20 second plank.  Today I think it goes up to 70 with a 30 second plank.  I'll do that at home with some weights I think so I don't miss out too much.  I actually WANTED to go to the gym tonight, I feel like I need it after my stodgy weekend.

I had a fab weekend;  A nice chilled Saturday doing some unsuccessful online shopping for a dress for a wedding in two weeks followed by a trip to see The Lion King at the Hippodrome.  Sunday was spent at Donington Park Race Circuit watching the Superstars World Series which is mainly Italian drivers racing Ferrari's, Audi's and Chevvies.  It was nice to mill around and look at some sexy racing cars, but I managed to completely burn my face.  I currently look like a tomato. 

Because my colleague is off, I don't think I'm likely to get many days off work but I could really do with Friday off to relax.  However, any time I take off will only make my workload worse the following Monday. :-(

My day got instantly brighter, when I got home tonight to find my BRAND SPANKING NEW NINE INCH NAILS ALBUM- Hesitation Marks had arrived!!!!  .... a full blog post will be dedicated to this in due course.  Needless to say I have found my commuting music for this week and possibly the next month!!! :-) :-) :-)

No comments: