Tuesday, December 14, 2004

Electric Nightie

The wierdest thing happened last night. I have a silk nightie that's always been prone to being quite static, however last night it freaked me out. I was taking the thing off because I was really hot, and I saw a flash of light on it. I thought it was my eyes, but Niall said he saw it too. The next thing I know, I held it up and there were little flashing lights on it in various places. This scared me to death so I flung it over the room where it sparkled through the darkness and landed on the floor. I've seen some wierd things in my time but a silk nightie that lights up and sparks electricity is pretty random even by my standards. I never knew static could do that. I was so bewildered by the whole thing I had to have Niall reassure me that static isn't dangerous and that it only takes a tiny amount to produce a flash of light so I'm in no danger of electrocuting myself in my sleep or anything. I've always been quite electrical, every now and then I've gone to stroke my cats and ended up shocking them with a bit of static instead which they're never too happy about. But wow. Maybe I could use my nightie to generate power.

On a less electrical note, I went to see Andy today and he was mightily impressed with my ideas for the appliances. Just wish I had the money to buy some materials so I can start making the damn things. Booo.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That's it, I'm wiring you into the mains of my house. Could do with the electricity savings. Go go gadget girl!

Ramzi said...

Reminds of this movie where an evil nurse was killing off old guys with pacemakers by rubbing up against them with her electric nightie.
It was rated R as any movie with octagenerians having sex should be...

Unknown said...

...I need a pacemaker and a nurse's uniform.