Sunday, December 12, 2004

Ladybug Ladybug, fly away home

The Ladybug left this morning. It was the last rock night of the year so it was nice the bug herself could be here for it. I had an interesting experience in the loo where a very nice girl named Pippa (which means something rude in greek) told me I looked really nice and had a lovely figure. Woohoo! I thought it was really nice and it made me happy. :)

The next day I took the ladybug to Nottingham for a christmas shopping trip. She'd never been before so I showed her round Ice Nine and Void etc. I think she was suitably impressed. They had a big german market on and we bought small glass pigs for each other from a German Val Kilmer look-alike. We also saw Father Christmas protesting on behalf of the "Fathers for Justice" organisation. He was on top of the pass over with police surrounding him below. Quite amusing. We ate dinner in the Pit and made a sausage pact while we drank 'Envy' cocktails. The pact was basically that we're not going to get so old and bitter that we don't laugh at the word sausage. I didn't buy much; just a few christmas cards, some fingerless stripey gloves, and some fishnet arm thingies. After almost ending up in Norwich by bording the wrong train, we finally made it home and got some dvd's out from blockbuster. We watched a wierd film called "wicked" which was about a girls slightly bizarre and disturbing relationship with her father after she murders her mom. Hrm.

Yesterday I showed the Bug around town. She managed to find a lovely dress to wear to a christmas party next week. She's going to look fab. I bought nothing but a Santa hat, which has been keeping my head warm ever since. In the evening moi, Ladybug, Niall, Dave, Jon, Rob and lots of Dave's hockey mates went to the Griffin (where we were given free fluffy christmas thongs and boxer shorts as part of a Wkd promotion; lets just say I don't think I'll be wearing mine on christmas day.)and The Phantom, where Dave said I wasn't sexy, so I gave him a slap. After much drinking, we spent about fifteen minutes in the smelly, overcrowded Echoes, though I did get to headbang to Busted and Tina Turner. On returning home we had a big debate about hatred, prison sentances, crime and the death penalty. Aaaah...

So yeah, it's been a fun weekend, and the house seems really quiet now the Ladybugs flown away but I'll be seeing her along with my other mates when I go home for christmas. Having such a good weekend has meant I haven't done any work on my ideas for Andy on Tuesday so I really should get some done tonight.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was far longer than 15 minutes! And you were loving it!
And they aren't just David's hockey friend's they are mine too :-P

Unknown said...

Should've gone to Norwich, its a lovely place.

Gotta get myself some of the sin cocktails, but last time I went to the pub I was too drunk to remember the way to get there, or where it was other than somewhere in London. *sniffles and self-pity*