Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Change

Things are feeling different. It's as I expected really. I've moved back home to brum now, no longer a student. The move was stressful and sweaty but we got it done eventually. The last few days have been a matter of unpacking a few things and clearing out my room. I've got rid of so much stuff it's crazy. We took about twenty bin bags to the tip yesterday: these were full of models I don't want anymore or can't store and general rubbish hanging around my room. Then we had to make a second trip to get rid of loads of art work, which all went in the huuge recylcing bin at the tip. It was really sad but strangely refreshing. I find the process of cleaning things out and getting rid of stuff quite intriguing, like some sort of cleansing ritual... it just frees up space, and makes you feel de-toxed as it were; like starting anew.

Needless to say the next person who uses that reclycling bin is going to find a load of great big fat naked lady drawings from my life-drawing classes over the last five years. I thought that was quite funny.

So the next thing is to slowly pick through all my stuff that's been shoved in the garage. I have to sort out what I want/need and chuck anything else away or reclyle it if possible. I really can't believe how much stuff I've accumulated over the last few years. I don't know where it all comes from!? It'll be a relief once it's all done. I want to cut it down to just half the garage rather than the whole floor space it's currently occupying.... so in a few weeks perhaps I'll be rubbish-free.

So yeah... things feel different now. I no longer have my 'stuff' hanging around my room, it's been cleared of all my old artwork and sketchbooks. It's wierd to think I won't be going anywhere come september.. I'll just be home, working. There'll be no 'term' or 'semester' starting... nothing. This is my last official Summer Holiday too. I really want to try and make the most of it, try to enjoy it. Obviously Niall could possibly be moving away at the end of summer so it may be the only chance we'll have of being together so much. That's different too.

ooh I'm off to Goodwood this Friday for The Festival Of Speed. I've never been before and it'll be my first taster of sort-of motor racing for about a year now. I can't believe it's been that long since I last went to watch some form of motor sport... I miss it heaps, but hopefully I can get to a few this Summer.

I need food.

1 comment:

Paul said...

Goodwood? GOODWOOD??

Ooooooooooh!!!

I'm jealous. Very.
Very jealous I am, and then some.

Enjoy!