Friday, June 24, 2005

Wet

Well at the risk of flakester being VERY disappointed and posibly seething ... I just wanted to say that I didn't go to Goodwood in the end. What could have been a simple journey there and back turned into a big messy thinge-me-bob and I decided not to go... I also wanted to be back home saturday morning and that wouldn't have happened had I gone, plus it was only the testing day on the friday that they went for and the storms this morning must have been interesting for them to say the least. That's the last time I ever let three engineers try and organise a trip to somewhere... Next year I'll have a car and some money and a tent and I'll drive all the way there, have a great weekend and drive all the way back laughing at how easy things CAN be if you actually PLAN it out. Men suck at organising. They don't see it as necessary which is why they don't like reading maps or instructions and such like and get in a bad mood when they make mistakes. Wierdo's.


... well looks like there were pretty big storms everywhere this morning... I've just seen the news about everyone at Glastonbury getting soaked and having their tents float away down big rivers of muddy water... poor idiots... sure they'll have a great time though, as long as they don't get trench foot.

I heard there was a tornado in the midlands too... which is wierd. I woke up to lots of rain and thunder today... I liked it. I lay in bed and listened to the rain and the gerat big rumbles. it's been ages since we had a storm and though there was no lightning, it was sufficient enough to clear the air a bit after so many stuffy days. I did however, find that when I went into the garage for something (all my unpackable stuff is in there, like my tv and video, boxes and boxes of books and things, my computer and everything I own) and noticed that the floor was flooding. Oh %$*&! indeed. I had to move my computer off the floor but was too weak and girly to lift anything else except Niall's amp and his four track though they were already wet. My VCR is possibly destroyed but I'm not too fussed about that... I don't know the extent of the damage because I haven't been able to move anything... all I could do was get some old curtains to put on the floow to soak up any more water coming in and hope that the rain stops. I guess I should have got round to sorting it all out before now. Hrmm... but fingers crossed I haven't lost anything important. :-(

No comments: