Wednesday, June 01, 2005

Sponge Brain Square Pants

You realise you've found a new level of boredom when you can actually feel your brain not working, and quite possibly slowly turning to sponge, while your ass aches from sitting in your computer chair for too long.

Thought I'd died of Tetris Syndrome?? Nope... that would be far more interesting.

Almost a week's gone by and I've done nothing. I even found myself willingly helping my automotive engineering student boyfriend with his wierd project poster about engines and listening to him reel off random numbers from squiggly graphs to time him for his presentation. I mean... I'm a creative... I should be out taking artsy photo's with my spanking new digital SLR camera... oh yeah... get on to that in a mo.

The complete monotony of this week will be strikingly juxtaposed (oh god, see what's happened?! art speak... from shear boredom!) by tomorrow's hectic schedule of going into the studio to finally put up my work for the degree show. I have to see Andy before I actually put anything on display, if he refuses to help me I'll quite possibly smack this guys poncy little face because he's really pissing me off at the moment, and then hang work, iron material, suspend things from the ceiling etc. Then it's up to the examiners/assessors to come in say it's not good enough and round up my three years of Uni with a crap mark. Woob!

So, here's my new toy:


new camera
Posted by Hello

It is boootiful. I still haven't tested it out properly though I did spend two days reading the bible sized manual that came with it. It should do wonders for my illustration work and give finished images a really nice professional quality. I'm not going to geek on about technical bits and bobs as I'd bore everyone to tears so let's just say- It's ace.

:-)

2 comments:

:lauren: said...

wow. i want one.

Saki said...

me too!!