Saturday, May 28, 2005

Tetris Syndrome

I typed a whole godamn post and stoooooopid blogger decided it didn't like it and just made it all vanish. AAAAALL of it. *%^!$%£~@{#!!!!

So... take two.

Blimey. Yesterday... hot, muggy, stuffy, sweaty, hot. Yes it was hot. Then today... gale force winds. Wierd.

So, all that's left for me to do now is write my statement, get a photo, mount both, hem and iron all the material to cover my display stands (no plinths today Ramzi), then put everything in place next thursday and friday. I mounted all my labels and prints earlier this week so it's all ready for displaying. I'm thinking it's going to take me the full two days as I need to hang stuff from the ceiling and such. It's really nearly over though, I can't believe it.

It's been a good week, I think. Yeah it has. The stress of the start of the week has subsided and I'm not having as many chest pains. I've been to the doctor about that incidentally, and he told me it was nothing to worry about- just the cartlidge in between my ribs being inflamed. All week I've been calling it Tetris (I swear that's what he said) when I actually found it's called- Costochondritis (Tietze's syndrome). So now I know I'm not infected by an old, annoying computer game and that I actually have inflamed cartlidge, I can relax.

I've bought two CD's and a DVD in the last few weeks- The NIN album With Teeth and Mesmerize by System Of A Down, the latter being the clear cut favorite. It's loud, heavy (in places), funny, hilarious, cool, and obviously utterly downright bonkers at times... exactly what you grow to love and expect from them. I'm loving it right now, and hell I've been waiting long enough to hear some fresh, decent, kick-ass music for ages, so I'm happy. I also bought Lemony Snickets A Series of Unfortunate Events too the other day. I can't get enough of the beautiful animation for the end credits; it's worth having just for that. Genius.

My Mum and Dad have bought me a swanky new digital SLR camera as a graduation present and I think they're bringing it up here today. It should really improve my work as the digital camera I have now is old and hardly ever works. So, no more of this poncing around with compacts and SLR rip offs, no more scanning in photographs to upload onto The Hollow. I'm sorted. Plus, it's a Pentax, so all my regular SLR lenses will fit. Should save me a few thousand pounds. woohoo! Can't wait to try it out.

Not much else to say other than I had a wicked time at Rock Night on Thursday. Jane and Mish from my course came down, as did Mark, Jonjon and Dave and a good time was had by all. Highlights included Niall kicking Jane in the ass by accident on the dance floor, Dave exploding a glass by trying to stack unstackable glasses (duuh), and taking advantage of Jonjon's ridiculously ticklish leg. I couldn't dance for shit as my boots were hurting my foot for some reason, but it didn't stop me. I do, however, have a hole in my right ankle now though so I'm semi lame.

4 comments:

Paul said...

Would you adam an eve it??

I heard a discussion on Radio 2 (I am so sad..) a while back about your costochondritis. Very strange. I recall it was pronounced something like 'teets's' syndrome. It caught my ear cos I was suffering something similar at the time. Anyhoo, have a goodun.

P.s. That magic lift..... Make sure you tell someone where you are going!!!

Ramzi said...

Tetris?! Hahahaha
Wait till the guys hear about this one...

:lauren: said...

tetris? lol, oh slink....

Slink said...

hahahahaha! just admit it mister... you DID SOMETHING WRONG! it's not that hard... and by the way... tumblers with straight, non slanting sides, aren't usually stackable. :P