Tuesday, May 03, 2005

Mudfest

Phew. What a day. We headed down to freefest at about mid day to a packed out campus of people soaking up the sun and music. After grabbing a burger (which was 'interesting' to say the least) we settled in the sun to listen to a few bands and met up with Rfa. The weather was sunny and hot for about an hour or two. Then, it poured. Everyone pegged it into the union building, some of the unluckiest people looking like drowned rats and panting from running through the rain. We, however, with mine and Rfa's super extra sensory skills, predicted rain long before it appeared and thus managed to stay dry. After the worst of it, everyone went back outside to enjoy the music again, this time standing on the soaked grass instead of sitting. As the day went on, the music was interrupted a few times by showers of rain, but it didn't dampen the spirits of everyone there. The bands weren't bad, except for one totally appalling one whose name wasn't even worth remembering. The people even, weren't that bad, which is saying something considering some of the total twats you can get round here. At about sixish, we went back home to get some pizza... yeah burgers and pizza. I felt crap the remainder of the day. My tummy didn't agree with two lots of stodgy junk food in one day and felt all fuzzy and grumpy but it didn't stop me donning my boots and short skirt in preperation for returning to Uni for the post-fest rock night in the Union.

On the way back to campus, some tosser in a mint green corsa shouted 'slag' out the window at me... why? because I was wearing a short skirt. Hrmm. This may sound stereotypical but I'm picturing this person as a tart/chav/trendy, whatever you may wish to call them, which brings me on to the fact that these are people reknowned for their slutty attire. This pissed me off rightly. I promptly put it down to them being a total fuck wit and most probably jealous, and got on with looking forward to post-fest. However, it bothered me and I felt really self conscious when I got there. I felt like an alien in my new rocks, tiny mini and fishnet tights, amongst all the trendy townie types who were all now pissed as newts, plus my tummy was hurting even more and i found I couldn't drink alcohol anymore as it made me ache. I really wanted to go home, but I wasn't going to let a tummy ache and a load of knob-heads put me off. So I didn't.

By this time, the grass had turned into mud and much fun was had watching many drunken people either fall over, or have wrestling matches in the mud. It was like a mini glastonbury. After a few glasses of water and having campus empty out a bit, I started to feel much better. I enjoyed Toy Heroes and Threadbare on stage and then went inside for the Post-fest rock night.

Highlights of rock night included hearing 'I'm a Barbie Girl' by Aqua being played rock styley and actually seeing a grown man with dreads dancing along and singing all the words, seeing an old 'aquaintance' look silly by dancing like a loon, and seeing rock night back in it's old home of the auditorium (where it was every week before we were moved into the tiny junction room. grr). Lowlights were having to use my expensive tissues for loo paper (they had animals on them and everything!), and having an old guy with a bald head perve at me and other girls in the room... but then I did look pretty cool. :P hehe. Other than that it was a good night. I didn't dance though... nothing appealed to me that much and I was happy to sit there, observe and bounce/sing along in my seat. :)

We left about one ish so as not to stay out too late. We'd had such a good day, I was chuffed.

This morning got even better... Niall had bought me two tops from my favourite clothing store which he hadn't told me about. I love them soo much, I can't wait to wear them out. He's so good to me, I'm very very lucky.

After this I have to catch up with some more emails. I had 50 emails in my inbox this morning!!! 50!?! With 8 junk emails. I need to sift through them and see whats what. I need to do a bit of work on my model, I need to order some materials, and I need to tell Niall how great he is again for buying me pressies when he didn't need to. I also need to do a bit of research to decide who I'm going to vote for. I've been reading up on the policies but I'm still undecided at the moment, there's a few things I want to look at before I decide. I cannot believe it's May already. The months just seem to fall away at the moment... Only four weeks left until I complere my course! *!^$&~#)£!^*!@:! That's all I have to say about that. There's a real mix of sadness, excitement, complete fear, anxiety and relief every time I think about finishing Uni.
It's going to be so wierd.

Right, better get on to those emails... xx

3 comments:

:lauren: said...

you rock! good for you for not letting that trashalotocus who ha ruin your night. glad you had fun.
:)

Paul said...

Burgers: The cornerstone of any nutritious breakfast.
Rock: Despite it's many and still growing sub-genres, does what it says on the tin.
Chavs: About as much use as a cock-flavoured-lollypop.
Well done Slink!!

ktpland said...

im a barbie girl?! at rock night?! yaya! they are finally understanding what makes good music! :-P teehee

cant wait to see you too! :-)
xxxx