Monday, May 16, 2005

Custard and Free wine

I won £100 today.

I went to a presentation evening for that phototgraphy competition I entered, where two of my photo's were being displayed and it turned out that I had won the 'Highly Commended' award. Nice. I got a bright yellow certificate, my cheque for £100 and they gave me loads of postcards with the winners on. i had to have my photo taken too a few times for the local newpapers. Urgh. Other than that though, it was a nice little evening with free wine, champagne and canapes... and since we hadn't had any tea these were pretty damn nice. I managed to eat lots of teryaki chicken, mini hotdogs, coronation chicken on a tiny potato (yeah wierd) and some mozarella and tomato tacos. Yum. I avoided the bree and strawberry slice on a piece of toast (NEVER cross fruit with savory foods); these wierd things with olives on and crab cakes.

The Custard factory was cool. I'd never really been to any particular event there and it seems like a really cool place. Sorry I couldn't have a proper mooch round though and find Flakester's posh business; it was 6.30 in the evening when we got there. I'm determined to find it one day.

Sooo, what to spend my £100 on?? Well, considering I have to plan my whole exhibition, buy a new portfolio, fill it, enlarge and print out images to hang, buy plinths and possibly shelves for my display, and produce postcards and/or business cards... I'd say it was pretty much spent. Godamit.

I hate being an art student.

6 comments:

:lauren: said...

woo hoo!

:)

Ramzi said...

Congratulations!!!

Which photograph had you entered?

ktpland said...

well done chicken thats ace! :-D

you could always put the money towards a plane ticket to india?! hmmmm?! hehe


xx

Slink said...

awwww thanks guys!!

Ramzi- I entered 'Pet Sitting' and 'Places Of Worship' (brum section of photoblog) and the latter won me the £100. :)

Paul said...

Posh?? Posh?? Hahahaha!

That's like calling Bernard Manning 'slightly undernourished'!!

Well done Slink!

Saki said...

Yay Slink!! I'm so excited for you :)