Thursday, May 12, 2005

It Can't Rain All The Time..

I fell in love tonight. Again. I did the last time too.
After an utter crap day, I felt so bad I nearly winded up going home. If I had I would have missed the genius that is Martin Grech in concert in Leicester. Dave got me a ticket for my birthday. What a pressie....
I needed it so bad. I needed to be enveloped in sound, immersed in a beautiful noise. I'd seen this guy once before and have waited agonisingly to see him again. He rocks like a bitch. He oozes art with a god-like quality of Thom-Yorke-like proportions. But he's the most down to earth person; he hides behind his mass of hair, avoids eye contact, seems so shy. But this guy.... geez... he blows your mind. It has been agreed (with Niall too) that I can in fact marry him.
He played some new stuff this time which was just as awesome as the stuff on his album; he blew the minds of Rfa and Niall who hadn't had the pleasure of seeing him before. He's just amazing. I haven't been to a gig in what feels like aaages and the feeling of this one's going to last, I know it... that or it'll leave me totally hungry for more. There's one more band I'll pay to see this year and that's A Perfect Circle (Bar Radiohead, that would go without saying :P ).
It was just what I needed. It sucked all the bad vibes out of me from today and just cleared my head with this resonating euphoric buzz. That'll be the tinnitus then.

Martin2
Posted by
Hello


Martin1
Posted by
Hello
Fucking Awesome.

3 comments:

fun_savvy said...

...and I was about to tell you to have a heart and you already lost it! Great!! ;-)

fun_savvy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Saki said...

I love when a good show completely cleanses your mind :) it's the greatest kick ever