Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Let Down.

I'd like to think of myself as a pretty good friend to those closest to me. I got fed up of people taking me for granted ages ago and always strive to give more back to the ones who make the effort on me. But still I get let down.

I get the feeling I'm left out of things; usually that doesn't bother me as I've never been one to "fit in" with everyone else. Particularly on my course I've been content to reside on the outside of things. But even with the few people I feel closest to, I now get the feeling that I'm left out of things. There's something in particular which I won't get it into but to cut a long story short, things are getting chaotic at Uni, the last few stages of preparing our exhibitions, portfolio's, getting things printed etc which all proves costly, but when a good deal comes up, no one thinks to ask me so I can save a few bob. That pissed me off. I don't ask for much from my mates, I really don't. Even in the thick of total chaos, I'd think about my mates, I'd still help them. I've always gone out of my way to help them, lend a hand in a crisis reguardless of any of my own.

It seems, on my course, it's very much every man for himself. I guess I thought it was different.

Rant over. So if you hadn't guessed I'm back in Uni-ville. Work finished, it's now the manic race to the finish. I spent about £60 on paper, a new portfolio and wallets, more paper, lots of foam board and other gubbins. Yet to come is all the wood for shelves or plinths plus printing costs and postcard/business card production. Oh and possibly the cost of having to buy new ink cartridges for my printer. *%!$*&£!^^~#!$(#@!:~!

Second Rant over. Not much else to add... Oh yeah, Niall decided to dye is hair bright blue while I was away. Wierdo. It's kinda liiiiiiiike... THIS COLOUR. But brighter.

hrm.

7 comments:

:lauren: said...

i think that we can also safely say that 99% of people suck, or we'd both have more friends.

im sorry, slink...i hate it when people let me down unexpectedly, and it seems to happen over and over again, without me learning much of a lesson. in college especially it seems like everyone is stuck in this super selfish mode...its the "take care of ME ME ME" time for most kids. sigh.

love to you. dont let them get you down...you have too beautiful a spirit to frown for too long.

i love you!

fun_savvy said...

I would rather like to take this as a welcoming to the real world... I have been in Bangalore for 15 years, did my engineering and work here itself.
Considering that my family is thousands of miles away and all my college friends have moved back away to their respective places of origin and all those people from this place whom I considered to be friends at some point of time have let me down as bad or worse like yours did.

I learnt the lessons many times over and having stumbled too many a times, I made "myself"... and God ofcourse my best best friend. So its now like... "I only can fend for myself and I get to eat only what I can cook or lay my eyes on and not fret about what I couldn't. It was never meant to mine, anyway! And what was never mine, why do I get to worry about it!!".

And seeing so many friends of yours continuously encouraging you on your blog, I think, you already have better friends who would reward your life in longer term, than those friends from Uni who would have rewarded you a short-term gain of few pounds! :-)

Philosophical... but quite true (supported with many years of experience.)

Ramzi said...

Sigh...

You know that slogan "Treat others as you wish to be treated"? Total BS.

Treat people as they treat you, be kind only to those you love or the occasional perfect stranger. Expect nothing but respect, depend on nobody but yourself.

ktpland said...

well niall always said he'd do it! now he has and i dont have a photo of it!!! please take one for me!!

i hate it when it seems to be everyman/woman for his/herself, it seems well unfair when its to do with your exhibition. im sure yours will look the best though!
:-D again, plese take some photos of it when its up, id love to see it when i get back!

miss you chuck!

ktpxxxxxx

:lauren: said...

yeah...i dont think you, or anyone, should ACCEPT anything less than total respect.

cause you are crescent fresh, dude. ;)

(sifl and olly? anyone know what im talking about? sigh...)

:lauren: said...

am i just a hypersensitive feak on this one?

(i actually think its funny....comment wars make me laugh)

http://www.photobloggers.net/photoblog.php?action=onebyone

Slink said...

hahahaha!!! NICE ONE lauren! :D