Friday, June 10, 2005

Over.

Yeah yeah I cried. I drunkenly cried most of the way home after what was quite possibly one of the best rock nights on record. They played exactly what I needed to hear and I danced til my lil' big boots couldn't take anymore. It was half empty most of the night thanks to the Download Festival being just down the road, but it seemed to fill up later and for the last hour we invaded our old haunt-the main room. For my last ever rock night, I wore my faithful new rocks, my shortest skirt, my studded waspie, fishnets and a simple black halter-neck, in true Slink styley. I did take photos as did a number of others but I'm waiting to get copies of them so that I can post the best ones. At one point in the evening, there was an announcement that next year there will be TWO rock nights, one on the normal Thursday and one on Saturdays after The Comedy Club. Bitter words to my ears, but I dealt with it by jumping around like a loon to soak up as much rock as my little body could bare. My poor little body soaked up rather alot of alcohol too along with a few pints of obligatory water after dancing. Hell I've paid for it today; my tummy has refused point blank to play ball, stop twisting and turning and just settle so I can eat some goddamn food. It sucked that I had to be awake for half eight too as I had an appointment at half nine. Man, post-drunk tummies are the worst, especially when you haven't slept them off enough.

I succesfully survived my appointment but failed to be able to have a nap before I had to force down some curly pasta and pop into the studio to set up a little table of postcards and business cards for the opening night of my exhibition. I was back home in time to try and force down more food before Mum, Dad and Vix (my little sister) arrived for the exhibition 'private view' which started at 6. It went well. My work seemed to go down well though I didn't hang around my display too much. Yet again, some of my course were let down in dramatic style thanks to more tutor incompetence as they failed to set up adequate facilities to watch the animations that had been worked on avidly for weeks and weeks by a handful of students. Other than that though, people seemed to be enjoying the night. I felt way too under-dressed as I turned up in my red vest top, black jeans and spikey metal stud belt while others drifted around wearing their Sunday best. Ah well... I'm an art student for gods sake not a salesman.

I just got back from seeing Sin City at the cinema. It was completely what I expected and does exactly what it says on the tin. It was typical, trashy, violent, male orientated and therefore slightly pathetic in storyline content but it was cleverly done and I liked how the stories overlapped in a non-confusing way. I loved the compositions and mise en scene, the whole artistry of it maintained the graphic novel/storyboard feel and made for interesting viewing. Though it seemed to last forever, I was rather glad that we were fifteen minutes too late to see Star Wars. I haven't got anything against Star Wars in particular it's just that I haven't followed anything through out the whole load of them other than the fact that Ewoks aren't bears OR koala's and that it's high time somebody told Mr Lucas how to write stories in a certain order. I have no idea who anyone is, what age they are, if they're dead or alive, why they keep hitting each other with glow sticks nor who is aware that they're related to anyone else. Far too long winded and confusing for my liking. 'nuff said.

It's Mark's house's barbeque and fancy dress party tomorrow night. I think I'm going to shove the "C" theme and go as a Pirate so I need to make an eye patch and sword tomorrow and if anyone says... 'that doesn't begin with C'... I'll cut them a new gizzard and make them walk the plank.

2 comments:

Ramzi said...

Glad to see your done Slinks!
As for Star Wars, I totally agree. You'd think in their time and age they'd go beyond beating each other with sticks, even if they glow in the dark...

P.S. you must post a pic of the pirate costume! And if anyone gives you a hard time, I know a 'C' word you can call them

Paul said...

Gizzard!! Haha! Nice.

Know what you mean about the 'salesman' thing at exhibitions too. Some folk are sooooo sad!

Congrats on completing your course Slink, and also congrats due for slotting 'mise en scene' into your post, punters luv it!