Monday, March 27, 2006

23.

I don't think I've ever been more glad to see the end of one particular week.

And what better way to end a crappy week than with a birthday! Yep, I am now 23. I'm not panicking too much yet though... and the oldness hasn't crept in yet either so I'm good. I got some lovely pressies including a new macro lens and ring flash for my digital camera, some DVD's, money, some gift vouchers, the obligatory smellies and a new top that's ideal for work. Niall's present was a suprise trip into Brum and despite not being allowed to look at the tickets I worked out that we were heading to The Hippodrome. It was for the last showing of Edward Scissorhands. It was a good show, obviously not a patch on the film and I felt they kinda overlooked the point of the film, focusing too much on the community and not on Edward, but still, the sets were great and I had a really good night. Perhaps more extraordinary was the fact that Niall drove all the way into Brum and back (NOT easy for the best of drivers!- see Spaghetti Junction) without any serious incidents and even when we got lost, we got lost right next to where we needed to be! Not bad at all. I even managed to chip in a birthday Baileys before the performance.

I was at work all day yesterday but it was deathly quiet in town I assume because of Mothers Day, which meant we got to open a box of roses and eat them on the shop floor.

:-)

4 comments:

Ramzi said...

Nobody deserves a happier birthday Slinks!

23 is beautiful...

Slink said...

thanks Ramz :-)

ktpland said...

the parcel is going in the post tomorrow! :) glad u had a great day. you deserve it!

xxxxx

:lauren: said...

ditto - if anyone deserves a great birthday, it's slink. :)

((squish)) love ya!