Friday, March 17, 2006

Eye for an Eye?

I like to think of myself as down to earth. I think I'm caring about the world in general, the environment and animals and life etc. I'm not material and whilst I have a desire to want to look better than I feel, I'm by no means a vain girly girl. I love getting new shoes or boots, I love new make up- but none of this stands in the way of my principles. For example, I try as best I can to only buy make up that hasn't been tested on animals because quite frankly it's fucked up. I laugh at the freezing cold, bloody footed tarts walking along in stupid shoes, a tiny belt and two bits of spagetti holding up their fake boobs, while I walk along in my big, warm comfy boots and tights- or better yet a pair of trousers and my trainers. Yes, I am by no means, someone who puts lame, vanity and fashion before comfort.

However,

I rarely go anywhere without eyeliner. It's my comfort tool, part of my everyday attire and to me, equally as important as wearing shoes when I go out. I bought a new eyeliner a while ago and splashed out on one that cost me £7 as it was better quality than my usual one and it made SUCH a difference. Instead of splintering my eyelids it glided across and smudged perfectly... well worth the money. I'm hooked.. and it's worrying me.

This eyeliner... is bad. It LOOKS fantastic... but every time I wear it, my eyes go blurry and I can't see properly. This cannot be good. Especially not when I'm driving. Yet I still wear it everyday. Why? Because it cost me SEVEN. Pounds! To make it worse... I didn't check if it was tested on animals. Maybe it's a punishment.

If I could just finish the damn stick it would be okay... but it lasts. It's not even half way down and unless I go to some SERIOUS goth or 80's nights... I'm stuck with it for some time.

I really should stop being so stubborn and just let it go. Forget the money, forget the superb finish and smudgy goodness, think of the blurryness and possible long term damage. Let the evil but oh so pretty eye liner go. Drop it. Drop the eyeliner.

And just in case you're wondering- this has NO bearing what so ever on the previous post. Any issues with eyeliner are considered minor and wouldn't warrent such inner torment. On a scale, the previous post concerns are far greater than those implied here. :D

No comments: