Friday, January 18, 2013

So long HMV!

I've been saying for some time that HMV would go under in the recession.  Any company (like Woolworths) who haven't changed a bit since the day they opened is bound to suffer. 

Don't get me wrong- I'm have fond memories of HMV since I was a child.  I love music and as such I've seen a steady decline of some brilliant music shops- mainly independent ones like Andys Records, Tudor Tunes (Lichfield), Left Legged Pineapple and Castle Records (both Loughborough).  HMV have been the main retailer of music throughout the years and whilst I've witnessed them expand their stock to CD's, DVD's, BlueRays and Games- but with this expansion in stock, the once good supplies of each product have become more limited.  They've NEVER been competitive on price;  There's been a complete lack of competitiveness in fact.  They ignorantly and rather stupidly still stock some CD's for £15 when everyone with half a brain cell could find it cheaper online with free delivery or even in your local Tesco in some cases! I just don't see the logic.  If HMV is to survive it needs to re-brand itself, freshen itself up, pull up its socks, get out the 90's and compete. 

Sorry HMV.

No comments: