Wednesday, January 02, 2013

Christmas 2012 with my little neice.

 I was apprehensive about christmas this year until my brother told us he was bringing his new little family back from Japan to join us for two weeks over Christmas and New Year.  They arrived on the 22nd December and I met my little neice Natalie for the first time. 
 
The last two weeks have gone really quick but have provided us all with a lovely end to a tumultuous year.  Spending time with my little neice has been a joy and it makes me feel pretty sad that when they leave on Friday morning I'll be saying goodbye to her for an indefinite amount of time. 
 
 
I'm not sure what age she will be when we'll see her again, and it's highly likely that she will forget us until she's much older and her longer term memory is more functional.  I feel sad about this... but immensely happy to have met her at such a precious little age.  It's made for a really warming, family christmas which is just what I've needed at the end of such a difficult year.  My heart feels full again.  
 
Gonna miss this little munchkin.

No comments: