Tuesday, October 26, 2004

Another day...

... another slow net connection.

So last night I went to see ‘Hope of the States’ in Nottingham with Rfa, Dave, Jonjon and Niall. It was pretty good and it was nice to get back to a gig atmosphere; I haven’t been to one in months. The first support band were cool but I missed their name. The second band called ‘The Open’ were pretty dire, I thought, but apart from them and the guy in the front row who puked everywhere, it was a good night. Also it was free as I haven’t paid Dave for the ticket and Rfa drove us there and back!

I’ve got a pretty busy week… last night was hope of the states, today I went to the studio to see my tutor, tomorrow night is the Halloween course social, Thursday night is rock night, Friday-off to Notty with mum and dad, Friday night- off to see Ashborn play The Shed in Leicester, then Saturday is Marks house’s Halloween party! And between all that, I’ve somehow got to fit in doing some work. Bluuurgh. I was told today that there’s only two weeks until our first tutorial. I don’t feel like I’ve done enough work for it, but we’ll see.

A Perfect Circle have a new album out soon. Apparently it's a cover album of political songs. Should be interesting... if i can afford it.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the sound of Rock night. Is that at a rock club? We don't have those things in the countryside :) Going to London on Friday though to see an old 80's big hair icon, Mike Tramp.... Nah me neither but it's my mates idea. Rock on and nice blog, keep it up :)

Slink said...

thanks for reading BIGdipper... Rock night is basically the only decent night at our uni's union. It's actually called 'Subversion', buts thats lame.

Anonymous said...

You think that's I've forgotten that you haven't paid me? Remember little lady I know where you live! Muhahaha! And for once the net connection isn't my fault! So it's an all round boo sucks to you! :P

Unknown said...

'Subversion' is lame... 'Perversion' could attract the wrong clients. 'Diversion','New Version'......blah,blah,blah. Rock Night will do.:)