Monday, January 17, 2005

Shmuck.

God, I'm bored.

Bored Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.

I may as well have a small rant, if you don't mind, about how people try and make out I'm stupid for being an art student. So I'm more creative than academic, so I may not have the same intellectual capacity as Stephen Hawkin; I got good GCSE and A Level grades that I was pretty proud of the time. Just because I chose to do something creative using my skills for thinking, imagination and crafting doesn't make me stupid. I can take the jokes, I've had them from "academic" students since my college days.. but it gets to the stage where you just have to say "you know what? fuck you". These 'intellects' couldnt do my course for shit, it's intense and hard and they ask alot of you emotionally and physically. They scoff when I tell them what course I do like it's meaningless... for god's sake I don't do fine art. I illustrate, I communicate ideas through model making, photography, and digital imaging. I have the power and skills to promote, teach, inform, persuade, and attract through imagery and I'm proud of the fact that this is something that a) I can do and b) I enjoy doing. I could have done other things. I'm not brilliant at maths, I hated some of the sciences, but I could have got into biology or studying english. I'm not doing art because I'm some waster who can't do anything else. If you want pointless courses look at 'sociology' for christs sake. Just don't make out that I'm stupid whatever you think of my course, because if you hadn't guessed it's starting to piss me off.

Right, back to being bored.

Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored. Bored.





3 comments:

Ramzi said...

... go kick a cat.

Anonymous said...

Moan moan moan. Bet you never try to tell anyone on messenger that you are bored! :-P

Pubis

Ramzi said...

"She said I don't know if I've ever been good enough.
I'm a little bit rusty, and I think my head is caving in,
And I don't know if I've ever been really loved,
By a hand that's touched me,
And I feel like something's gonna give,
And I'm a little bit angry."

Push - Matchbox 20