Sunday, November 21, 2004

Fat Ice

Big news first.... Housemate Dave has actually done his washing up.

Thursday night was wicked, though I can't seem to remember much about it. It was very cold though. Then on friday I went home with Niall. Getting the train(s) back was a bit of a nightmare and cost me about £10. We went to see 'The Grudge' when we eventually got there. It wasn't the bad rip off of 'The Ring', like I expected and it wasn't overly americanised with too many pouting, so called 'attractive' people. It had some pretty striking images in it that can really get inside your head. I was scared. But I liked it. I don't want to see it again though. Ever.

Saturday we went into good ol' brum shopping. Cult is becoming even more trendy-ized every day and I hate it because it used to be a bloody good place. But hope remained in the form of The Oasis. Aaaaah I miss The Oasis. I didn't buy anything though, for two reasons... a) I couldn't find much I liked and when I could it wasn't in my size (bloody typical) and b) I haven't got any money. I did find a cool dress that was black and short with this furry black stuff round the top but it was too big. I was a bit all over the place that day and kept feeling really teary over things so I wasn't in the best mood to discover that being a size 8 makes you a freak to soceity and they refuse to stock clothes for 'the skinny abnormal' people. Get lost. I get a little bit pissed off at the amount of hypocritical larger people who make themselves feel better by slagging off small people. They moan about how they were picked on and taunted for being overweight, then do the same to smaller sized people. It seems the way to stop large people feeling outed by soceity is to simply make soceity think badly of anyone who is thin and that if they are they obviously have an eating disorder because no one can be naturally thin.....!!! Yes, nowadays, "real" women have curves and can be deemed beautiful yet if you're below a size 10, you're merely a freak with a body like a pre-pubescent boy. You can't solve one problem by just making others feel ugly. That's totally fucked up. But that's another day's rant I feel...

I did get Niall's christmas pressie in Brum. I didn't realise how big it was however and spent alot of time covering it with my scarf over the enormous Selfridges bag to cover it up and stop him seeing it. Anyways, in the evening we went to see 'The Incredibles'. It was well animated and had a decent enough storyline but it's not one of pixar's best.

Today, had a nice sunday roast with the family. And now i'm back at uni with lots of work to do. Boo. Oh and Jon wants me to write more nice things about him so here goes... Jon is a nice man.

There.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What do you mean make you a fat bastard? You are a fat bastard!!!