Friday, November 12, 2004

Great Big Baggy Rants

I have furry throat syndrome from last night. It was a wicked night last night, some really decent tunes were played and my good old Motorhead top got an outing again. I did get really really sleepy towards the end though. Before we left Niall finally managed to find some Kahlua to successfully make the cocktail Sloth from the pit. It was yummy although it was a funny colour. I’ve had a nice lie in since I’m not going into the studio today. I actually went in for all of five minutes yesterday and everyone had gone home, so I figured I was just as well working from home. I was wrong because I did nothing all day. Ha.

I’ve had two big rants all ready this morning. Firstly… *&$!ing Jamie Cullum. This guy is a nonce. He’s bland and annoying, his voice sucks, his useless “music” sounds samey and dull, he wrecks perfectly decent, if not brilliant songs, and if I ever see him I’ll stuff piano keys into his eyes and tie the strings around parts of his body I’d rather not mention. In terms of say, Suddam Hussain, he’s not a bad guy, but he annoys me to the brink of me feeling physically sick every time I hear his name. Some songs should remain sacrosanct; particularly Radiohead songs… and he dared to cover ‘High and Dry’. Other songs he’s ruined include songs by Jeff Buckley, and they aren’t even half decent versions. He just sings bits more slowly than normal, speeds up and slows down again, then howls a bit and wobbles around like a complete tosspot. He just sucks.

Do us all a favour and sod off.

Then I had a go at smokers. There’s all this stuff about bringing in a ban on smoking in public placed and quite frankly I’m all for it. It was great to go round bars in New York without coming out smelling like a charred lung. I choose not to smoke. I choose NOT to inhale and put these chemicals into my body. If you want to smoke, it’s your choice, but don’t force me to do the same. Smokers can moan and whinge about their rights or whatever, fair do’s, you have the right to poison yourselves… just don’t do it to me. Get over it. Oh and pubs… having a no smoking area is pretty godamn useless when you have to wander through all the smokers to get there. Dumasses.

On a lighter, less toxic note… my tutorial went ok. However, I did loooads of work for it only to have my tutor hardly look at it and then change my idea into something else. Ah well. I did what he said, and it looks pretty good. He also liked the idea for my new project and gave me the go ahead to start it. On the downside, he said he wants me to try a ‘girly’ project with pink and fluff and stuff. This scares me somewhat. But it may be useful and a good challenge.

Oh, lastly I had a dream the other night where Arnold Schwarzenegger turned into this huge bat-like creature with a shrunken head, inside out skin and great big bat wings. He then proceeded to rip his wife into tiny little bits, like tagliatelle pasta.

1 comment:

Slink said...

glad someone agrees... !