Sunday, November 07, 2004

Sucky Post

I really haven't done that much so this posts going to suck.

Rock night was cool on thursday, had a really good night and finally stayed 'till the end for a change. The music was better than the usual stuff so it proved to be a wicked night. Though i did keep telling Jonjon to "read about the 'shrooms". He also said that South Park was better than me. I thought that was harsh. At least i have a nose. Friday, I was really good and did loads of work. Saturday I had to pop into town to get some material for the underneath of the mushroom i'm making as my next piece of work. In the evening, we ate pizza and watched 'Eternal Sunshine Of The Spotless Mind', which i thought was brilliantly done. It's co directed by Michel Gondry and that guy is just a genius; he uses these amazing layers of imagery and narrative. Today i went to Notty to see the family and eat lots of food. My Grandma and Grandad gave me £50 to "help me out" bless em. It's much MUCH appreciated at the moment. :)

As for the Perfect Circle cd, I must say it's a slight disappointment. I think it's because it's a response to all the politics going on, and although it says alot about a perfect circles beliefs, its maybe not their true musical selves. It seems rushed, and there's not as much beauty in the songs as the previous albums. They just don't have heart as it's not coming directly from the core of the band. Don't get me wrong, songs like 'Passive' and even 'Imagine' have a good sound to them, but the whole album is more of an 'essence' of a perfect circle rather than their true form I felt. I like it, but it's a bit of a let down from the usual near perfect quality of sound, rythmn and lyrical genius that makes this band special.

Right, back to the mushroom.

3 comments:

Jacki said...

Well Slink, YOU are mad. I like YOU too! Random comment by the way. You just decided to read a random blog and WHAM there mine was, huh? Alright, well cool!

Jacki said...

Well Slink, YOU are mad. I like YOU too! Random comment by the way. You just decided to read a random blog and WHAM there mine was, huh? Alright, well cool!

Kris said...

Well you posted a comment on my site and I thank you for that. It isn't too often that someone stumbles across my mindboggling randomness and responds. Also I just want to say that I love "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind" I will also say that I can get just as philosophical about movies as you can about music. However while I might not have went to such great lengths to descibe the new disc, I for the most part agree with what you are saying. I guess if you want to keep checking back I seem to write a new post about every 2 weeks and I will continue to check your blogs because you seem like an interesting and intellectual person.

Kris signing off...