Thursday, November 25, 2004

How to be a domestic idiot

I planned to go work in the studio for a few hours this morning but I slept in too late (again) but I've been really busy since I got up. I went straight into town to shop for materials and also got a few christmas pressies in the process. woohoo. or boohoo if you're my bank account. I bought a strange sandwich to eat when I got home. Now I get really busy... Firstly I sculpted the shape of my next piece of work, 'Pride'. Whilst waiting for the world's slowest oven to heat up, I loaded the washing machine with my laundry and set it going, meanwhile I had the tap running for filling up the wash bowl to do some much needed washing up. Started washing up, after a few minutes I put my work into the oven to bake the clay and even remembered to set the timer. Carried on washing up, and continued to wash up the whole houses stuff that'd been left for god knows how long. I did at this point make quite a severe error... I managed to drop a plate face down into the washing up bowl creating this tsunami of bubbles and smelly water which cascaded down me, half the kitchen carpet and all the cupboards. Bugger. I could have drowned. It reminded me of the Great Ribena Explosion of 2002 when I dropped a bottle of ribena and it landed standing up, forcing the contents into the air and over pretty much the whole of our tiny halls kitchen. There was no time to hide, I saw the bottle slip and then I just saw purple. Everywhere. I stood there in shock for a few seconds with ribena on my face, in my hair, on my clothes, on the floor, the cupboards, it was even on my eyelids. I thought I would be blinded. Nevertheless, I survived. Anyway... back to me being a domesticated person....By the time I'd cleaned up the mess and had a nice patch of water all over my trousers, my work had cooked and I took it out the oven to cool. Whilst it cooled I dried some pots, put them away, then cleaned all the surfaces and the sink. God, I'm good.

Went to the pub on tuesday to meet some of Niall's engineering buddies. The conversation wasn't as dull as I expected, it wasn't all spongioboringial dynamics, and oogliobotronics or whatever. They were nice enough guys and I had a good night. Mark was a very drunken monkey that night and we had a debate about boobies.

Commited a slight sin in town today. I had to buy a Donny Osmond calendar for my mom's friend for xmas, as mom couldn't find one anywhere. I felt dirty.

2 comments:

Slink said...

I'll take that as a "thank you soo much sarah for cleaning our kitchen (AND the bathroom the other day). We love you lots"

Slink said...

Well to do all that whilst hovering is quite special, so well done Dave!!! :P